Saturday, October 16, 2010

who doesn't love stationary?

I am such a procrastinator! I make honest efforts to remedy this. Often. I started thinking about Halloween costumes in, I don't know, like July or something. And here I am, a week away from my sister's big Halloween party, and am almost done with 1 costume OUT OF 5 THAT I HAVE AGREED TO MAKE!

On another note along the same topic, we're heading off to Chicago for a wedding this weekend. Very excited! Classic ME style, the wedding was 4 days away and it hit - "D'oh! What are we going to get them?!" They didn't have a registry, and even said guests really didn't need to get them anything. But I wanted to! I instantly recalled the beautiful and genius work of my friend Rosanna who runs her own lovely letterpress studio, The Iron Curtain Press, out of Seattle. Being under some crunch time I decided to use a custom project as inspiration that she beautifully whipped up for Ben Gibbard and Zooey Dechanel's wedding! (as evidenced here, here and here) I put my own spin on it with stamps and paper punches. Pretty happy with the results. I guess it all boils down to the fact that I always function best in a pinch in the final stretch of time available for a project. (The part of my brain that is in charge of procrastination just said, "Resistance is FUTILE!" Weird.)

handmade stationary

handmade stationary

And when I was without some stamps I wanted, I improvised with an X-acto knife and some pencils.
eraser stamps

handmade stationary

All ready for the bride and groom!
packaged stationary

1 comment:

style-for-style said...

so cute! I love your paper projects

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails