Our little Kastner clan is heading back to the Midwest! It's bittersweet, saying goodbye to San Francisco. Sharing the past three years with our friends here has been something I am proud to say we've done. I wouldn't be the same person had we not lived here. The last three years have been HUGE for us - we got married, had amazing jobs, traveled, and welcomed our amazing baby boy into the world.
Reasons moving is okay (In no particular order...):
1. We will be dodging the next earthquake.
2. Watch TV (Awards Shows, Sports Games, Dancing with the Stars) without a three hour delay - no east coast spoilers on Facebook/Twitter etc.
3. Seasons! AUTUMN! WINTER! YAY!
4. Jack and Blitz get a yard!
5. I get a garden!
6. No more skateboards and yappy dogs RIGHT OUTSIDE our bedroom window, waking up Jack all the time!
7. No more one-bedroom cave/shoebox! We will have a HOUSE with DOORS between rooms!
8. We don't have to turn off all the lights and whisper after 6 pm! Jack gets his own room!
9. No more driving around for 30 minutes trying to find a parking spot!
10. Living in a place where mortgage there is half our rent here!
...and OF COURSE...we will be closer to our families, which is so very important to raise Jack around all of them. We miss them so much!
I could make a huge list of all the things and people we're going to miss in San Francisco. I'll save that for another post. For now, we are simply looking forward to the move. It's happening soon too! Early June, we will be in the Mitten again.