Tuesday, October 27, 2009

apple crisp success!

So I found a few recipes for apple crisp that I liked. I used them as a guide and put my own twist on it...Results, a serious success! I love making food - the results are are always so satisfying. (Well, most of the time!) And this time I got to use my new peeling/coring/slicing toy. Fun!


Perfect Apple Crisp

Apple crisp!

Ingredients:

Approx. 8 thinly sliced apples (I used Golden Delicious)
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cup Bisquick baking mix
3/4 cups sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 stick (1/4 lb.) butter, melted
cinnamon (will be sprinkled on top)

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

2. Mix apples, brown sugar, vanilla and lemon juice. Arrange in a shallow baking dish.

3. Mix Bisquick, sugar, baking powder, oats and salt. Add egg and mix.

4. Evenly crumble mixture over apples.

5. Drizzle melted butter over topping and sprinkle with cinnamon evenly over everything.

5. Bake for 35 minutes.

6. Let cool for a few minutes, then serve with vanilla ice cream. (Breyer's Vanilla is most definitely the best!)

Apple crisp and Breyer's!

Meanwhile, Jack Wyatt is beginning to enjoy tummy time!
Tummy time

1 comment:

dan said...

It was a complete success! So delish!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails