My three month summer vacation is coming to an end very soon. Three months of a break from school has been a perfect break, and I am ready to go back. I am feeling rather confident, as opposed to the fear and confusion I was feeling this time last year. It's going to be a great school year. I can tell.
This summer I have been all over the place and have spent time in beautiful cities with beautiful friends...Brooklyn, NY, Seattle, WA, Cininatti, OH, Chicago, IL, Ortonville, MI, Boston, MA (in a week). Although my bank account is unhappy, I feel so fortunate that I was able to travel all over the place. We have a beautiful country. I have learned to deeply love road trips. I can even read in the car now without feeling sick.
- amazing vegan food tour of NY thanks to Mary
- the drug dog search in SWARM in Wyoming
- 4th of July South Haven trip with Bill, Franta, and Dan
- indoor volleyball @ the bar in Chicago
- a week of SCAMP
- Michelle is engaged!
- long walks with Blitz
- watching that dude dance around the track
- Ferry boat adventures in Seattle. The beach on Bainbridge Island was perfect. The long ride around the island with all the beautiful trees was magical.
- cherry tomatoes in the garden! I didn't even plant them!
- escaping to the movie theatre on hot evenings.
- an new oven and a fridge!
- Birdie's Bakery and Kitchen practicing...we're getting good!
My precious roses.