Monday, November 15, 2010

give peas a chance

For the past two days I've been on a kick with stuffing sewn goodies with a nice combination of dried split peas and black-eyed peas. It all started with my feet cold as I stood at the stove making breakfast the other morning. Darn drafty doors! Seeing how I just got a new fancy wonderful sewing machine for my birthday I had a quick solution - door draft stoppers! Easiest thing to make ever - big tubes stuffed with lots and lots and lots of dried peas. (Probably made them a bit too wide, but they work well!)
IMG_1818

And then I was working on an ornament I drew up last year to embroider, "Jackson's 1st Christmas 2009." Yeah, procrastination is a serious issue I'm dealing with on the regular. As I was sewing it to some super cute green and white striped fabric Dan suggested to stuff that with the peas too. Oh man, that husband of mine is full of bright ideas! I immediately fell in love and will be whipping up some more of these this holiday season! I'm even taking this one to the masses and putting it out there for custom orders for people! Let me know if you want one, think I'll be putting it up on Etsy!

ornament

Last but not least in my pea stuffing endeavors, I made some bean bags for Jack. I guess they're not technically BEAN bags, as they are stuffed with peas...but "pea bags" doesn't quick have a playful ring to it. I've had this pirate fabric for awhile now, and since Jack fell in love with the dried peas, I thought this would be a quick project that would get some serious love from the little guy. He spent the afternoon putting them in baskets, bowls, on his head, and anywhere else they'd fit. It was pretty cute to watch. I'm going to make a pirate game to go along with them! Keep your eyes peeled for that!

IMG_1839

It's official. I'm obsessed. I'm now brainstorming more projects that involve dried peas.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails