Saturday, October 02, 2010

escape to Whitefish Point

One morning while we were camping and I was getting things together to whip up breakfast, it started raining. Keeping a 13-month-old cooped up in a tent for an indefinite amount of time was not something we wanted to experiment with. We figured it was a great time to head to the Shipwreck Museum in Whitefish Point. That was Dan's one request for the whole trip, and I must admit I wasn't too excited to go there. I'm glad to say that I was proven wrong, and it was so worth it! It was chilly and sunny, and we got there before the crowd. It was beautiful. We captured it all with the camera on Dan's new iPhone. Very impressed with that camera, indeed.

michigan

Jack and I in front of the Lighthouse operator's home. It's now a museum now you can tour, complete with creepy life-sized replicas of the family that lived there.
wfp

Memorials on the beach for men that lost their lives on the Edmund Fitzgerald
wfp

The beach of Lake Superior
IMG_0804

IMG_0798

IMG_0807

IMG_0806

IMG_0809

IMG_0813

IMG_0816

the trail that led to another part of the beach
IMG_0792

I am a sucker for gift stores! Seriously cannot avoid them! I must say this was one of my favorite gift shop finds. Looking forward to painting it and hanging it in Jack's room! I fell in love with the box, and will definitely be keeping it for some unknown future use.

sailboat mobile kit

inside mobile kit

This was one of my favorite mornings ever.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails