Tuesday, July 20, 2010

incredible fake edibles

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...I. LOVE. BIRTHDAYS. Not just my own, I love them all! Now as we approach Jack's 1st birthday, I am having a hard time not buying him a million things. The thing is, I don't want him to have "a million things", drowning in a sea of toys. I want things to be special and have meaning. Especially those plastic toys that make crazy noises and are simply buttons to mindlessly push over. and over. and over.

I am all about wooden toys and handcrafted treasures that stimulate the imagination. I just saw on ohdeedoh IKEA's latest addition to their fast growing kids' collection. Plush Play Food!!!!

2010-07-ikeafood4_rect540

2010-07-ikeafood3_rect540

2010-07-ikeafood1_rect540

My personal dilemma is that I've been eyeing such things on Etsy, which have been loving handcrafted by individuals, but they are so expensive there! *Sigh* These are simply amazing, and Jack doesn't know it, but they've been added to his birthday wish list!

1 comment:

Alison said...

Our friend Corey makes fake food toys for her son and sometimes sells them on etsy or the craft fairs she goes to. Not sure how much she sells them for, but they are amazing! I mean, she's made a banana that peels, salads, tacos--you name it. She says they're pretty easy to make, too. If you want to, I could ask her if she's selling any outside of etsy & how much or any tips on how to make them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails