Saturday, November 28, 2009

stitching away

As I type this, I am laying in bed with Jack in an attempt to get the little man to have a solid nap. The past week or so he's been boycotting sleep for reasons he won't divulge. We think he's onto the fact that there is so much in the world to see, and he doesn't want to miss a thing. BUT, he needs sleep. So his thinking is simple (note: "his thinking" is me thinking how he probably thinks, of course): If I'm going to miss out seeing the world in order to sleep, so shall my mama. This explains why once he has nursed and seemingly fast asleep and I decide to ever-so-gracefully slip away, his precious baby hand lunges toward my chest with a deathgrip on my shirt, pulling me back to his side. If I comply with the deathgrip, he doesn't even bat an eye, just continues his peaceful slumber, dreaming of whatever babies dream of. BUT, if i choose to defy deathgrip, a battle shall ensue. It goes a little something like this: Baby whimpers. Mama hushes. Baby flails his arms. Mama pats his belly. Baby cries and cries. Mama lays down. Baby sleeps. There are moments when I win the battle and can slip away. Those moments don't last long. Usually it's the sound of the neighbor's skateboard, or the other neighbor's yappy dog who barks incessantly whenever she's outside, or firetrucks blaring down the street, or the guy passing by with the radio blasting in the shopping cart with wheels that terribly rattle...the list could go on, but those are the usual culprits ruining quiet time in the Kastner house.

It's a work in progress, figuring out this nap situation. Since he's taking 2-3 naps a day and bedtime starts around 6 or 7 when he starts to get tired, I feel like I am spending all my every days trying to get this baby to sleep. Meanwhile, I am getting so excited as I squeeze in moments here and there with my most favorite hobby - embroidery! I've been brainstorming and have begun to get serious about the Etsy shop I set up like 3 years ago! It's sitting empty, sadly, and it's about time I fill it up with all the things that have been floating around in my head!

Sneak preview of items I've been working on as I've been getting back into the swing of all things embroidery, and a few you may soon find at my Etsy shop, Pookaneeme.

(Huh? you question...Pooka-what? Pook-a-nee-me. It was my nickname as a kid. Pookie, for short)

I'll let you know when it's up and ready for action!

every color of the rainbow
IMG_2260

my acquisition of the dining room table, where I sneak away periodically throughout the day
IMG_2258

piles of stuff
IMG_2266

my tool belt
IMG_2263

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails