Tuesday, November 03, 2009

27 revolutions around the sun

I love birthdays. I remember as a kid not being able to sleep the night before my birthday, in complete anticipation of MY day. I love the birthday song, birthday cake, goodie bags at parties, wrapping paper, birthday cards. I love it all. So hip-hip-hooray! Today is my day!

This is my first birthday as a mom, and it's been a great morning hanging out with Jack. Dan went and got me fresh squeezed OJ and pancakes, making for a delicious breakfast. Friends have been pouring on the birthday wishes, and I am thankful for all those friends, near and far, that I am so lucky to have in my life. As I reflect a little on my year being 26 years old, I can say that I grew as a person in such exciting ways. First of all, I literally GREW as a person seeing how I was preggo for the majority of the last year, going from 125 lbs. to 170 lbs! (The great majority of my 27th year shall be dedicated to shrinking as a person! ha) As everyone who has a baby has said before, having a baby in your life completely shifts everything. I've never put someone's needs so completely ahead of mine. In not focusing immediately on myself all the time, I am becoming more in tune with my "self." I'm finding out what my real needs are, and choosing more wisely how I spend every moment of my day. Especially those moments I have to myself.

This moment to myself is cut short. Laundry is done and Jack is a-callin'.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Happy birthday, Emily! It sounds like it was a good one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails