Saturday, August 09, 2008

the bummerest of all summer bummers

To cap off a bummer of a summer, Pigeon ate my wedding rings Thursday night!!!!!!! It was my last day of the nanny gig, and no one was around to celebrate with me. I took off my rings to give myself a little manicure as I was watching "The Hand that Rocks the Cradle." I walked into the kitchen for 10 minutes or so (posted a blog), then I walked back in the living room. I heard her chewing on something and I pulled the mangled wedding band from her mouth. I immediately started crying. Hysterical crying. I looked everywhere for the antique engagement ring, but no luck. I called Dan, who is in Seattle, in complete hysterics. After he got over the inital trauma of thinking I was dying, he voiced his sympathy...that's all he could really do.

So, I have been on the lookout for Pigeon to shit a diamond ring. Fingers crossed. It's been two days. How long should I be looking for this? It's to the point that I am worried I've passed it over in my quest of flattening dog shit in a plastic bag. As far as the wedding band goes, it is mangled. The definition of the word. Not sure if it's repairable...and if it is, it will probably cost money I don't have.


This is how I am ending my summer.

2 comments:

Alison said...

I was so sad when I saw your status yesterday. That is such a bummer, especially when you were by yourself! I hope you find the engagement ring--it's gorgeous!
I hope your last few days of summer make up for all of the crap you've been through recently. Good luck!!

appleoftheearth said...

did you find your ring?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails