Friday, February 01, 2008

I run like Forrest Gump

So I've been talking a lot about this to everyone I know and I really need your help!

I spend a lot of time running lately. Having a goal, (a 13.1 miles half marathon to be exact!) keeps me motivated to run and get in shape. To be honest, I needed a goal, because running for the pure satisfaction of doing so wasn't working. I think we all know how that goes. I kind of stumbled on the whole TEAM in Training thing, and I didn't really know much about it. I convinced my friend Emily to do it with me (it was actually pretty easy to do so!). We went to this kick off event for the "Spring Season" and sat down at this table to register. Once we realized that we were committed to raising $2,200 each we looked at each other with this "You still want to do this?" look on our faces. We quickly decided we were in this together, and signed right up. Don't get me wrong, raising that much money still makes me a bit nervous, but I am so excited to do this.

If you haven't read something about it that I've posted somewhere already, Team In Training is an organization that provides training for endurance athletes (triathalons, running, cycling, etc.) and raises funds to help stop leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma and myeloma from taking more lives. Instantly I was drawn to this, having lost my grandpa to such a disease about 10 years ago. Through the money that Team in Training has raised for the past 20 years, doctors, scientists, people battling blood cancer, and the people who love them have been witness to the tremendous advancements that financial support for the needed research has been able to provide.

Please make a donation to support my participation in Team In Training and help advance the Society's mission.

Want to know how? Visit my website! Any contribution you can make will help!!!!

GO TO http://www.active.com/donate/tntgsf/emilykastner to contribute!

THANKS!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails