Sunday, June 08, 2008

summertime, and the livin's easy...sort of

Random weekend things:

Last night I babysat the two kiddies I will be hanging out with all summer. Ray and Rosie. I think it's going to be good! They are entertaining, have a lot of energy and are quite adorable.

Today is gorgeous! Everyone is walking around smiling, there are a million fairs and farmer's markets and such going on. Love it!

I just ate the most amazing plum that I got from the farmer's market. I'm so happy I bought so many of them! All the booths were spilling over with cherries so I had to get a lot of them too!

I just bought three books for $8 at the Friends of the SF Library shop...my classroom library is well on its way: 50 Ways to Save the Ocean, Travels with Charley (Steinbeck), and Artic Refuge: A Circle of Testimony.

I have figured out what classes I am taking in the fall and I am COMPLETELY excited! My semester long class is Human Biology. Then I am taking a couple weekend field studies: Ecology of the San Francisco Bay AND Habitat Restoration Field Study. Being here in SF lends itself to some amazing and unique field study oppotunities!

I am about to break in my new running shoes (thanks Mom and Dad!) and enjoy the sunshine some more! Laundry, dishes and studying for tests can wait!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails