Wednesday, August 29, 2007

white fingernails

Moving to a city is a pretty humbling experience. I may be stressed that we're still sleeping on an air mattress, but SF is beautiful and wonderful. Starting a new job, looking for an apartment, finding a place for our stuff until we have a place, etc. is keeping me tired, busy, and feeling a little down and out.

There are amazing things and people in this city.

There is nothing better than eating Mythic Pizza and watching the Discovery Channel which is always playing there. I don't feel guilty about eating pizza because I'm learning something every time.

The woman who waits for the bus at the same stop every morning shares a "daily wisdom" with me. Yesterday she told me "Real laughter is worth more than all the money in the world." I agree. Dan and I were watching something on t.v. last night and we our laughter was the most genuine and happy laughter I've had in such a long time. It made me feel so good to watch him laugh like that.

Pigeon and Blitz enjoy the Full House park (Alamo Square). I wish I could go back and share with my 10 year old self that future me will live across the street from the park where Michelle, Stephanie and D.J. picnic-ed in with Uncle Jessie and Joey. I would certainly impress my youthful self.

Crocosmia (Montbretia) are in bloom at the Botanical Garden. I need to go see this. I want to walk through and smell flowers. I need to retreat from the smell of dirty concrete for a bit.


I still need to touch my toes in the ocean.

I want to sit on the dock of the bay and watch the sun rise.

I want to ride my bike from the bay to the ocean.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails